This is a side dish that deserves the spotlight: Bacon Cheddar Pull-Apart Bread, the latest creation from the Beachy kitchen.
The inspiration for this recipe comes from multiple sites – food blogs and Pinterest alike – but in the end I just kept it simple and stuck with what I knew would work (as in, if you put enough cheese and bacon on anything, it will work).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare baking dish for non-stick cooking.
- Melt the butter in the microwave.
- Separate biscuit dough and cut each biscuit into quarters.
- Line bottom of baking dish with half of the dough bits.
- Add a sprinkle of cheese and a sprinkle of bacon.
- Add another layer of biscuit dough and repeat cheese and bacon on top, putting more on the top layer.
- Spoon butter over biscuits (I suppose this is optional but why wouldn’t you go all the way?!)
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutritious? Not exactly. Perfect comfort food? Ab.So.Lute.Ly. This is a great side dish for a meal or game food for football season. We had ours with grilled chicken and salads for dinner one night. Hit the spot!
Like all my recipes, it’s completely customizable to your preferences. Next time I think I’ll throw a little garlic in the butter to give it some more flavor, and maybe add some chives (yeah green! healthy! 😉 ). You could nix the bacon and make it plain cheesy pull-apart bread, add some sausage and eggs to make it brunch fare or toss in some pepperonis to make it pass for pizza bites. The options are endless and the oven is your oyster!
FYI – We eat real meals too! Here is our dinner from Sunday night: spaghetti squash with meat sauce and veggies mixed in. Easy and delicious!What are your favorite comfort foods or seasonal foods for fall? Spaghetti squash is out in abundance right now, but I’m still lovin’ on the Honeycrisp apples too!