Every time I would think about writing our “currently” post for November, it always felt too soon. Today it finally hit me – it’s almost Thanksgiving! Which is almost December! (Insert jaw-dropped, mind blown moment of silence here.) I just can’t believe how quickly this month has slipped (and is slipping) by for us. I have a feeling it’s just going to be the way it goes from here on out with the holiday season approaching. So, without further adieu – our current favorites for November!
As you all know, I just recently finished the book I was reading last month (check out my review here!), so I am barely into the first part of this book. It comes highly rated and recommended, and so far it has an interesting and intriguing story line. It happens to take place in a town right outside of London, which is a nice perk for me. I always love indulging in that culture again when I get the chance!
How I Met Your Mother Season 8/9
Look familiar? Ha – we are still working our way through this series and still loving it. We are a couple episodes away from wrapping up season 8, which means that by the time this post is published, we will probably be into season 9 🙂 Nathan hasn’t seen any of season 9, so we are finally at the point where the shows are new for both of us now! Can’t wait to see how it all ends up (but secretly dreading it being over, too!).
Currently eating (or wanting to eat):
- Chicken and Dumplings for Two
- I’ve never made chicken and dumplings myself, but it’s one of my favorite things to get at Harvest Homecoming back home. This recipe looks easy enough that I might just give it a try! (Plus, doesn’t it scream “fall/winter” food??)
- Salted Caramel Apple Pie Biscuit Bites
- Anyone who knows me knows that apple pie is my FAVORITE. This looks like a twist on apple pie that I certainly wouldn’t turn down…
- Cookies ‘n Cream Chocolate Cake Bars
- These look delicious and easy to make. As the holidays come up, I’m keeping a running list of sweet treats that I can make and bake to bring to all the various events that will be popping up. I’m looking forward to contributing to my friends’ and family’s sugar comas in the month of December 🙂
This song. Loved it at first listen. Nathan and I are both fans, and I’m hoping we get a chance to sing it at Village Life sometime!
Currently laughing at:
This list, which is my survival strategy for my first winter in Indy. I’m kind of kidding, but kind of not 😉 Some of the things on the list are totally ridiculous, but I’m sure it won’t be long before I secretly wish I had them!
Our first snowfall of the season! It probably helps that it happened on a lazy Sunday when we were both home together and could just watch it all from inside. A few inches ended up sticking, and while it made for a chilly Monday morning drive to work, it was still a pretty way to to start the day.
What are some of your November favorites?