What do you do when blueberries are on sale and the baking bug bites? Find a recipe for blueberry banana bread, of course!
This was actually pretty tricky, because we don’t stock a lot of baking basics. I had to hunt down a recipe that didn’t require more than baking soda (which I just happened to get last weekend for the first time), flour, salt, vanilla, sugar, butter and eggs. After some googling, I struck gold with this recipe!
Blueberry Banana Bread
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 1 large loaf pan (or 3 small loaf pans.)
- Mix together flour, salt and baking powder
- Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add 1 egg and allow to blend into the butter mixture before adding the second egg along with vanilla extract.
- Beat mashed bananas thoroughly into the mixture.
- Add flour mixture in small increments while beating until just combined into a thick batter.
- Fold blueberries into the batter; pour into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 30-35 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.