Nathan and I have continued the “pick from Pinterest” dinner pattern over the last month or so, and it is working really well for us! It means we’re trying something new pretty much every week, and it also means I’m finally chipping away at all those recipes I wanted to make that I’ve pinned over the years. Win win.
This week’s recipe was Swiss Cheese Chicken, which I found on an awesome website that has tons of tips and tricks for doing mass food prep and freezer meals. While we don’t have nearly enough freezer storage to pull off some of their plans, it will definitely be a helpful resource in the years to come!
As with all the recipes I make, this one is super simple in terms of ingredients and preparation. But as an extra bonus, this one is also super simple in terms of cleanup! I dirtied only one dish (excluding the baking dish) in the process of making this. So not only did making this save me time during the week on dinners, but it also saved me lots of time on cleaning up. Doesn’t get much better than that!
Swiss Cheese & Stuffing Chicken
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 box boxed stuffing mix
- 4 chicken breasts
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Layer chicken into the bottom of a prepared baking dish. (As you can see, I used the leftover chicken breasts – ours came in a pack of 7 – to bake up on the side for lunches/other dinners this week.)
- Put swiss cheese on top of chicken.
- Mix the milk and canned soup together. (I did this in the measuring cup to save on dirty dishes 😉 ) Pour over the chicken and cheese.
- Sprinkle 1/2 box of stuffing on top.
- Drizzle with 1/4 cup melted butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes. (Ours took just around 45 minutes.)
We served ours over brown rice with roasted vegetables on the side. It was just as great as we hoped it would be and I’m really glad we tried this recipe! It made enough to last us a few nights of dinner…Ah, the simple pleasures of cooking for two 🙂
Any new recipes in your house lately? I’m definitely going to try some more from that same website. They seem to have a lot of quick, easy ideas that I could adapt for us to use!