Wondering what “What I Learned” is all about? Check out my first post for details!
Here’s what I learned in February:
- How to renew my license plate and registration online. Conveniences like this are why I ❤ the modern world. Not having to deal with people (#introvertsdream) nor wait in lines (#impatientgirlsdream)? Yes, please!
- The expression is card sharp, not card shark. I always thought it was “card shark” but apparently card sharp is the original phrase and is still used in the UK! I learned this while reading The One-in-a-Million Boy by Monica Wood.
- What SASE means. This is shorthand for “self addressed stamped envelope,” which I learned because my dad entered one of my poems in a magazine contest (so cool of him) and needed to include one.
- President Benjamin Harrison used to live in Indianapolis, as discovered on our field trip downtown one day.
- Ahi tuna poke is actually delicious…and certainly not like the tuna from a can that I’m used to in Indiana.
- How to play backgammon, thanks to Dad! He brought his set up during their last visit and showed Nathan and me how to play. Now we want our own!
- How to caramelize bananas. This was a delicious experiment! I’ve seen bloggers caramelize bananas before and talk about how it really amps up the flavor. So when we had a slow Sunday morning, I tried it out and was very pleased with the result! I made caramelized banana french toast for Nathan and me. He approved! It was so easy…I will definitely be doing this again.
- How to make homemade pizza. This was our new recipe of the month in keeping with our resolution, and we used up some of the leftover ingredients from last month’s recipe. We had leftover chicken from earlier in the week too, so all we needed to buy for this was the crust and mozzarella cheese. Other toppings included pesto, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, and parmesan cheese. SO good! Definitely a new regular in our house 🙂
- New podcasts for this month, per my resolution in case you’re interested: Freakonomics and How I Built This.
What did you learn this month?