Another simple dinner recipe coming your way! This was our new recipe for May, and I’m sure we’ll be making it again. This is a great recipe to make as a freezer meal for busier times in life (ahem…like now). But we enjoyed it fresh out of the oven!
Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- 2 lbs. cooked chicken
- 1 jar (28 oz.) marinara sauce
- .5 cup parmesan cheese
- 1.5 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Salt, pepper, oregano, basil, Italian seasoning (or your preferences!)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Dice the chicken and mix with the marinara sauce.
- Top with mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Mix the breadcrumbs and seasonings together before adding to the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
OR to make it a freezer meal, simply freeze before step 6 (baking it). Then, when you’re ready to eat it, let it thaw for a day in the fridge before baking.
We served ours with French bread and a simple salad. For leftovers, we are planning to make these into delicious (but messy) sandwiches on some thick slices of bread (possibly open-face style with some extra cheese on top). You could also make up some noodles or pasta to serve this over. Lots of options, and they’re all good!
This is an easy meal to make if you’re in the mood for Italian but want a shortcut. Let me know if you try it!